Home|Alexandria VA Cosmetic and Comprehensive General Dentistry FAQ|Is Invisalign Only a Cosmetic Treatment in Alexandria
Is Invisalign Only a Cosmetic Treatment in Alexandria
No. It’s a functional solution for people who want to improve their smiles. These include patients who may have crowded teeth, overbites, or trouble chewing. Invisalign can work for approximately 70 percent of patients who need orthodontic treatment.
So if you previously thought that Invisalign was only a cosmetic treatment, here are some of its additional advantages that help improve the health and appearance of your smile.
Other Reasons Why Invisalign Isn’t Only a Cosmetic Treatment
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with wanting a dazzling smile—and dedication to proper care is what makes it happen. But some people don’t grow up with straight, white, and healthy teeth, and need restorative intervention. Orthodontic treatment helps:
- Correct misalignment. This misalignment can lead to issues with chewing, speaking, and even breathing.
- Improve oral health. Straightening misaligned teeth reduces the risk of tooth decay, gum disease, and other dental problems that may arise from difficult-to-clean areas.
- Enhance self-confidence. By achieving a straight and well-aligned smile, individuals may feel more comfortable and self-assured in social and professional settings.
Many patients experience many benefits choosing the Invisalign tray system including, but not limited to:
- The trays are completely removable, which makes it easier to clean their teeth and gums.
- The trays attach with buttons of composite resin, eliminating the need for brackets and reducing the risk of tooth discoloration. For some patients, after traditional braces are removed, permanent white lines appear where the brackets were.
- The trays wrap around the entire tooth and provide an overarching appliance, so teeth move more predictably. The movements that happen during Invisalign treatment are very gentle and provide a predictable outcome.
While more traditional braces may be necessary at first for major orthodontic adjustments, many patients are then able to use Invisalign for the finishing touches that make their smile great. If you’re ready for better dental health, make an appointment with our office today.