Is it time to consider orthodontic treatment for your teen? In the event that your teen isn’t excited about having traditional braces, consider Invisalign Teen treatment with cosmetic dentist Dr. Mojgan Mazhari. One of the most popular aligner systems in existence, Invisalign is a set of clear retainers that gently align teeth. Treatment time generally lasts between just a few months to a little over one year, although individual cases vary.
Why Consider Invisalign Teen for Your Child?
Invisalign can be effective at treating the following problems:
- Mild to moderate spacing issues
- Teeth crowding
- Deep overbites
- Gaps in between teeth
- Improved tooth alignment prior to cosmetic or restorative care
If your teen’s bite isn’t correct, it can easily cause damage to the teeth due to a disproportionate force that’s irreversible without treatment. This force will erode teeth over time and may cause jaw pain. Untreated occlusion or bite issues untreated can also cause joint issues, neck pain, and headaches.
Your teen’s candidacy for Invisalign depends on their unique smile. While Invisalign can treat many alignment and bite issues, it’s not always able to treat more complex problems. During the consultation, Dr. Mazhari can evaluate your teen’s smile to determine if Invisalign would be an option.
Other benefits of Invisalign in certain cases include:
- No food restrictions. Invisalign aligners allow your teen to be unrestricted regarding the food they enjoy, as the aligners should be removed during eating.
- Easier to clean. Your teen’s oral care routine won’t change, except for cleaning their Invisalign aligners daily. There are no metal brackets and wires to make oral hygiene more challenging while your child is receiving orthodontic treatment.
- Less risk of periodontal disease. Difficulty cleaning traditional braces may result in more plaque building up around the gumline. Invisalign helps reduce gum care issues that can come with braces, especially in younger patients.
- No white lines. Traditional braces may also leave white streaks on teeth that form around the space where the bracket was. Invisalign provides your teen with an easy oral care routine and no risk of discoloration from the treatment, as the aligners are removed for cleaning and eating.
How Does Invisalign Teen Work?
Similarly to Invisalign for adults, Invisalign Teen starts with a digital scan that allows Dr. Mazhari to create a detailed treatment plan for your teenager. Using 3D printing to create custom aligners makes Invisalign treatment as efficient and comfortable as possible.
Every movement can be seen and planned ahead of time, exacting the right amount of pressure needed to move your teen’s teeth and eliminating any unnecessary force or pain. Invisalign is comfortable, fits well, and provides highly accurate results.
The digital impressions are used to design a series of clear aligners that gently transform your teen’s smile in about a year. The number of aligners and exact treatment time depends on the severity of your teen’s dental concerns and the desired outcome.
Discovering Invisalign Teen
Straightening your teen’s teeth can improve overall oral health and give your child the best chance for oral health success in life. During your complimentary consultation for Invisalign, Dr. Mazhari reviews all aspects of Invisalign orthodontic care with you and your teen, evaluates their current oral health, and listens to their goals for their smile. The digital scan helps evaluate your child’s smile without taking manual impressions, so we can simulate the outcome for your teen’s smile in just minutes.
All aspects of treatment and expected costs will be discussed during the consultation. Our studio offers interest-free monthly payments for your teen’s Invisalign treatment. Insurance may also be used to cover the cost of your insurance, including coverage for orthodontic treatment.