A graduate of the prestigious Las Vegas Institute (LVI), Dr. Mojgan Mazhari has dedicated many hours to post-graduate training in the restoration of a functional and comfortable smile. We offer a comprehensive range of restorative dental treatments from the simple to the complex —including complete placement of dental implants—in our Alexandria dentist office.
Restoring damaged and missing teeth can not only give you back a healthy smile, but it can also restore your daily quality of life. Dr. Mazhari takes a comprehensive approach to your treatment in order to recommend appropriate and lasting dental care tailored to your unique needs and goals.
Restorative Dentistry: What to Expect
If you have teeth that are damaged or missing, or you suffer from a bite disorder, Dr. Mazhari can create a personal treatment plan to restore your smile and your long-term dental health. Restorative dentistry plays a key role in helping you to maintain your natural teeth for as long as possible.
Treatments and procedures can include:
- Dental implants. Dental implants are considered the optimal form of tooth replacement because they replicate the entirety of the natural tooth structure. Since they are implanted directly into the jaw, they can prevent bone resorption and further deterioration from taking root. There are many benefits to dental implants for your long-term dental health.
- Implant-supported dentures. Implant-supported dentures are a special type of implant that works for many people who can’t get traditional implants and don’t want removable dentures. Just like traditional dental implants, implant-supported dentures are permanent. Dr. Mazhari offers the highly rated All-on-Four® product.
- Full mouth reconstruction. For patients who have suffered for years due to massive malocclusion and bad bite, we can address the damage and restore correct bite and jaw function with a comprehensive full mouth reconstruction.
- Dental crowns. One of the most commonly used dental treatments today, a dental crown can have both restorative and cosmetic purposes when addressing a range of dental concerns. Dr. Mazhari uses advanced technology and high-quality materials for lasting results that can enhance both the integrity and aesthetics of your natural tooth.
- Dental bridges. A dental bridge is a common treatment option for replacing several consecutive missing teeth. Modern dental bridges can be made to be secure, comfortable, and natural-looking for a functional smile.
- Dentures and partials. A denture is an appliance that replaces missing teeth. It can be full or partial, depending on how many of your consecutive teeth are lost. Today’s options are not your grandmother’s dentures! New materials and technologies have advanced the science behind replacing missing teeth with dentures.
- Dental fillings. A dental filling is one of the most common dental treatments recommended today, used to treat both tooth decay and minor damage or imperfections. Dr. Mazhari places dental fillings with a range of materials, including resins that match your teeth, depending on your specific oral health needs and cosmetic goals.
Dr. Mazhari will meet with you to evaluate your overall dental health and to discuss your personal goals when it comes to the function and aesthetics of your smile. Your treatment should address all aspects of your oral health, from teeth to gums to jaw joints. In this way, you can enjoy a renewed smile that is healthy as well as comfortable. Our goal is to provide lasting dentistry, addressing underlying dental problems that, if not corrected, could affect the integrity of your results over time.
Schedule Your Implant and Restorative Dentistry Consultation to Find Out What We Can Do to Fix Your Smile
The first step towards learning more about how a restorative dental treatment can address your concerns and provide the smile you desire is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Mazhari. We serve patients from many Northern Virginia communities, including Alexandria, Annandale, Crystal City, and Fairfax. To schedule your appointment with us, contact our Alexandria dentist office at (703) 212-9622 or request an appointment online.